Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More baby gifts

I made this for a friend's little girl using heat transfer paper and some ribbon. I made the watercolor image (from one of my little girl's activity books--traced it with some changes, colored it with watercolors, then used a sharpie to trace the outline, wrote the phrase), scanned it, and printed it onto the transfer paper. After ironing it on (very carefully!), I just added the ribbon for the tutu and sewed in the bows for the slippers.

For the ribbon socks, I stitched the "top" of the ribbon with straight stitch on my sewing machine, then sort of pulled on the thread to give it that scrunched up look (is that even a word?). After it looked just like I wanted, I stitched the ribbon to the sock. Darling!

1 comment:

  1. These are soooo adorable! I had no idea you made them! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete